Friday, February 28, 2014

The Great War in Movies

Over the past month, my students have been learning about World War I. With all of the snow days and delays it felt like we might never get done with this unit.  But I am proud to say that my students have finished this unit and have great things to show for it.  After their assessment I challenged them to create a movie about a chosen topic connected to WWI. They were given the freedom to chose from a variety of apps or software to complete this project. They assignment and choices were clearly laid out for them on my Blendspace.


It was fun and exciting to watch them read and try out different software and apps until they determined which would work best for them.  Upon completion of their movies I asked them to collaboratively write reviews about their chosen app or software. What you will find below are those reviews and their corresponding projects.  

Powtoon- This was the most utilized software by all of my students.

Cause of World War I by Nick & Corrina


The United States Enters the War by Hailey & Alexia


The Treaty that Ended the War by Mikayla &  Hannah 


The End of the War by Ashlynn & Wyatt


Causes of the War by Paige 


The US enters the War by Olivia & Sophie

The War Breaks Out by Aryana & Jordyn



Go Animate




by Kyle & Adam 

















I will feature several other films in my next blog post
Keep creating 
<3 Laura 

No comments:

Post a Comment