Saturday, January 4, 2014

New Year and New Adventures . . .

As the New Year starts I have decided that I will challenge myself to venture into uncharted realms - blogging, publishing, and flipping my classroom.  I have spent much of my holiday break thinking and reflecting on how I can grow myself professionally through these avenues and how in turn my students will grow as well.

I am excited about many of the ideas and thoughts I read daily on twitter, and the things that I see other professionals building and creating.  I aspire to be like that and thus, I begin the pilgrimage. 

As I worked the other day artfully crafting the background and fonts of my blog, my college-aged daughter scoffed at me and said, "Why do you need a blog?", and perhaps her question was valid, maybe I don't need a blog. Maybe no one will ever read it.  Nonetheless, I've decided that I shall venture down this path. My hope is that I learn new things about the world and about myself. I hope that you'll join me in my journey and perhaps begin an expedition of your own too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment